|How to pronounce Shaheed|
SHine + hUmble + HEED
Each block is a syllable. Thick black border indicates stress/emphasis. Other pronunciations are acceptable.
|Arabic Spelling (How to write Shaheed in Arabic)||شهيد|
|Alternate spellings of Shaheed||Shahid Shaheid Shehid |
All of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
All Quranic baby names derived from SH-H-D:
Meaning of Shaheed
Shaheed is a Quranic name for boys that means “martyr”. Its literal meaning is “witness”.
And whoever obeys Allah and the Apostle, these are with those upon whom Allah has bestowed favors from among the prophets and the truthful and the martyrs and the good, and a goodly company are they! (Quran 4:69)
1. By the racers panting.
2. Igniting sparks.
3. Raiding at dawn.
4. Raising clouds of dust.
5. Storming into the midst.
6. Indeed, the human being is ungrateful to his Lord.
7. And he bears witness to that.
8. And he is fierce in his love of wealth.
9. Does he not know? When the contents of the graves are scattered around.
10. And the contents of the hearts are obtained.
11. Their Lord, on that Day, is fully informed of them. (Quran 100:1-11)