|Short meaning of Sarim||Brave, Strong and Courageous | Wise, Wisdom and Decisiveness|
See below for detailed meaning
|How to pronounce Sarim|
SmArt + RIM
Each block is a syllable. Thick black border indicates stress/emphasis. Other pronunciations are acceptable.
|Arabic Spelling (How to write Sarim in Arabic)||صارم|
|Alternate spellings of Sarim||Saarim Sarem Saarem Sariyme Sariymm Sariymme Sariym Sareme Saremm Saremme Sarem Sareyme Sareymm Sareymme Sareym |
All of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
All Quranic baby names derived from SAAD-R-M:
Meaning of Sarim
Sarim is an indirect Quranic name for boys. It means strong, brave, decisive, a sharp sword, or one with a sharp mind. It is derived from the SAAD-R-M root, which is used three times in the same page of the Quran when telling the story of a group of farmers:
17. We tested them, as We tested the owners of the garden, when they vowed to yusrimunnaha (harvest it) in the morning.
18. Without any reservation.
19. But a calamity from your Lord went around it while they slept.
20. and the garden was turned into as-sareeme (a harvested field, a barren desert).
21. In the morning, they called to one another.
22. “Go early to your plantation, if you are as-saremeen (going to harvest).”
23. So off they went, murmuring to one another.
24. “No poor person is to enter it upon you today.”
25. And early they went, resolved in intent.
26. But when they saw it, they said, “We were wrong.
27. We are now deprived.”
28. The most reasonable of them said, “Did I not say to you, ‘if only you would glorify?’”
29. They said, “Glory to our Lord—We were indeed in the wrong.”
30. Then they turned to one another, blaming one another.
31. They said, “Woe to us—we were indeed domineering.
32. Perhaps our Lord will give us a better substitute for it. We are turning to our Lord.”
33. Such is the punishment; but the punishment of the Hereafter is greater, if they only knew.