A Quranic Name for Boys
Meaning: Brave, Strong and Courageous | Wise, Wisdom and Decisiveness
Sareymme is variant of Sarim and has the exact same meaning and pronunciation (see below for full meaning). You can use either Sareymme or Sarim, both are correct and acceptable. If you like this variant more and you'd like to pronounce it the way it is spelled (different than the original name), this is perfectly acceptable. For more details please see the main entry at: Sarim.
Full Meaning of Sareymme
Sareymme is an indirect Quranic name for boys. It means strong, brave, decisive, a sharp sword, or one with a sharp mind. It is derived from the SAAD-R-M root, which is used three times in the same page of the Quran when telling the story of a group of farmers:
17. We tested them, as We tested the owners of the garden, when they vowed to yusrimunnaha (harvest it) in the morning.
18. Without any reservation.
19. But a calamity from your Lord went around it while they slept.
20. and the garden was turned into as-sareeme (a harvested field, a barren desert).
21. In the morning, they called to one another.
22. “Go early to your plantation, if you are as-saremeen (going to harvest).”
23. So off they went, murmuring to one another.
24. “No poor person is to enter it upon you today.”
25. And early they went, resolved in intent.
26. But when they saw it, they said, “We were wrong.
27. We are now deprived.”
28. The most reasonable of them said, “Did I not say to you, ‘if only you would glorify?’”
29. They said, “Glory to our Lord—We were indeed in the wrong.”
30. Then they turned to one another, blaming one another.
31. They said, “Woe to us—we were indeed domineering.
32. Perhaps our Lord will give us a better substitute for it. We are turning to our Lord.”
33. Such is the punishment; but the punishment of the Hereafter is greater, if they only knew.
Most Popular Muslim Names in 2021