Naming guidance

Home Forums Question and Answer Naming guidance

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Yaseer 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Yaseer

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullohi wabarakatuh,

Hope you are doing well.
    Alhamdulillaah, this site has a very good collection of names along with their meanings and pronunciations.
    May Allah bless you for this as it is very helpful to parents, especially new ones like me.

I’d like to get your views on 2 points.
    1. I have come across many beautiful names for girls (& boys) which have ‘Ain’ or ‘Qalf’ in their arabic spellings. So when you have the spelling of this name in English, usually the pronunciations change as people including me, do not pronounce the name as per the arabic way. So is it OK to keep names with such letters in them but pronounce them without the actual pronunciation of these letters?
    2. Is it OK to give a girl child two names with totally different meanings (where none of them are surnames) or in some cases related meanings. Ex: Noor Ayesha, Ruhi Afza etc. I ask this because I’d like to know if it is better to give the child only the first name and follow it by the father’s name or is it ok to give two names like the examples mentioned above?
    Any advice is appreciated.

jazak Allahu khair

Reply To: Naming guidance
Your information: