|How to pronounce Harun|
HAnd + pRay + sOON
Each block is a syllable. Thick black border indicates stress/emphasis. Other pronunciations are acceptable.
|Arabic Spelling (How to write Harun in Arabic)||هارون|
|Alternate spellings of Harun||Haroon Harune Haroun Haroune Haroone Haron Haaroon Haarun Harune Harun Haroune Haroun Harowne Harown Haruwne |
All of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
Meaning of Harun
Harun is a direct Quranic name for boys that is mentioned 20 times in the Quran. It is the name of Prophet Harun (Aaron), brother of Prophet Musa (Moses). The name itself is not Arabic, since Prophet Harun lived before Arabs existed. Some sources say it means “mountain.”
And indeed We gave Musa the Scripture, and placed his brother Harun with him as a helper.(Quran 25:35)
114. And We blessed Musa and Harun.
115. And We delivered them and their people from the terrible disaster.
116. And We supported them, and so they were the victors.
117. And We gave them the Clarifying Scripture.
118. And We guided them upon the straight path.
119. And We left with them for later generations.
120. Peace be upon Musa and Harun.
121. Thus We reward the righteous.
122. They were of Our believing servants. (Quran 37:114-122)