The name 'Ashaz'

Home Forums Question and Answer The name 'Ashaz'

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ashaz 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Syed Ahmad

Salam, Is ‘Ashaz’ a sahabi’s name? i do not find any authenticity of this name in any book. I have seen it in a few website where it means ‘One in a million, and name of a sahabi during the time of prophet. There is a hadith praising his virtue of patience and obedience to parents, but I could not find any reference in a hadis or any islamic book.

Connecting to this name, is Ashja which means ‘Brave and courageous’ and Ashwas is also connected to it which means ‘bold and daring’….

If someone knows about ‘Ashaz’ as a sahabi please give me the reference / of the book.

• #108289 Reply

Alaikumassalam,

We haven’t seen an Arabic name that sounds like Ashaz. If you can provide the Arabic spelling we can look further into it.

Ashja and Ashwas are unrelated since they come from different roots (though their meaning is similar). Sine Ashaz contains a z sound, which can only be inherited through a root, and since Ashja and Ashwas do not contain the z sound, we can conclude that the names come from different roots and are not related, because any name derived from a root that has a z sound should also contain the z sound.

• #130929 Reply

Ashaz

As salam alaikum.
    Could you please help me with the meaning of this name. Also, does it has any reference in the Quran

Reply To: The name 'Ashaz'
Your information:

Cancel