Nuha and pre islamic Arabia

Home Forums Question and Answer Nuha and pre islamic Arabia

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gqgzdhrkvg 4 months ago.

• Author

Khan

When I searched Nuha I found this article on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuha_(deity)

I really like the name but I am concerned because it was also a name of a diety of pre islamic Arabia. Would it be a Shirki name?

• #105714 Reply

There is no issue with the name Nuha since it is a common word that means “wisdom”, “intelligence” and it is used with this meaning in the Quran. If the false deity’s name is also Nuha, that does not make the word a bad name, unless you use the name to refer to the deity. But if you use the name for its meaning, then there is no issue.

A similar issue is the using of the names of chapters of the Quran, which scholars do not recommend, for example naming a child Ikhlas after Surat al-Ikhlas. However, scholars say if you name a child Ikhlas for its meaning, not as a reference to the chapter of the Quran, then there is no issue with it.

Back to deities, if someone today creates a false deity and names it Muhammad, that does not make Muhammad a bad name. The same is true for Nuha. And let’s not forget the names of the other false deities of Arabs: Allaat was meant to be the feminine form of the word Allah, the fact that they share the same linguistic root does not make the word “Allah” a bad word.

If you need further assurance, here is a fatwa from the Islamic Affairs ministry of the government of the United Arab Emirates, and here is another fatwa on IslamWeb.net, a respected site run by the Islamic Affairs ministry of Qatar. Both fatwas say the name is a good name and they find no issues with it.

• #132884 Reply

Zara

Salaam Can you name your child the English way Noah after Prophet Nuh. If yes would you be able to provide evidence

• #133778 Reply

Aman

Noha =cry or plea ، if that person is referring to urdu word نوحہ

• #138777 Reply

jordan retro

Needed to send you this bit of observation just to thank you very much over again for your personal great thoughts you’ve shown on this website. This has been so shockingly open-handed of you to present unhampered all that numerous people could possibly have made available for an ebook to end up making some dough on their own, notably seeing that you might well have tried it if you ever wanted. The thoughts as well acted to be a fantastic way to realize that some people have the same eagerness really like mine to figure out somewhat more in respect of this issue. I am certain there are several more pleasant opportunities ahead for many who view your website.

• #138839 Reply

lebron shoes

I precisely wanted to thank you so much once again. I’m not certain the things that I would have carried out in the absence of these ways shared by you directly on such situation. It had become the troublesome scenario in my opinion, nevertheless being able to view your specialized strategy you handled that forced me to weep for happiness. Extremely happy for your help and as well , pray you find out what a powerful job that you’re carrying out educating other individuals through the use of your web site. I am certain you’ve never encountered all of us.

• #146617 Reply

steph curry shoes

You made some respectable points there. I regarded on the web for the difficulty and located most individuals will go together with with your website.

• #146777 Reply

kd shoes

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!?

• #146986 Reply

kd13

I want to express my thanks to you just for rescuing me from this type of matter. After looking through the the web and finding concepts that were not productive, I figured my life was gone. Being alive minus the solutions to the problems you’ve fixed as a result of this short post is a serious case, and the kind which could have in a negative way damaged my career if I had not discovered your web site. The know-how and kindness in controlling all the details was very helpful. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not discovered such a step like this. I can at this moment look forward to my future. Thank you very much for this specialized and effective help. I will not hesitate to suggest your web site to anybody who requires guide about this subject.

• #147449 Reply

stephen curry shoes

My husband and i felt quite lucky Chris managed to round up his basic research via the precious recommendations he made through the web pages. It’s not at all simplistic to simply be giving out tactics some other people may have been making money from. And now we acknowledge we have the writer to thank for that. Most of the illustrations you made, the simple web site navigation, the relationships you will make it possible to foster – it’s many sensational, and it’s letting our son in addition to the family reckon that the idea is thrilling, which is certainly pretty essential. Thank you for everything!

• #147771 Reply

kawhi leonard shoes

I needed to write you this bit of word so as to say thanks as before with the breathtaking basics you have discussed on this page. It’s simply shockingly open-handed with you to make without restraint all a few individuals could possibly have supplied for an e-book to generate some money for themselves, primarily now that you might well have done it in case you considered necessary. These strategies additionally worked as the good way to comprehend other people have similar dreams similar to my personal own to grasp lots more in regard to this issue. I am certain there are numerous more fun instances ahead for folks who check out your site.

• #148010 Reply

birkin bag

I would like to voice my respect for your kind-heartedness for men and women that really want help with this particular subject. Your very own commitment to passing the solution all over appeared to be certainly good and have permitted workers like me to reach their goals. Your useful recommendations can mean this much to me and even further to my fellow workers. Thanks a lot; from everyone of us.

• #148206 Reply

goyard

I precisely wanted to thank you so much once more. I do not know the things that I would have accomplished in the absence of the actual concepts shown by you directly on this industry. Certainly was a very scary setting for me personally, but encountering the very expert strategy you processed it forced me to jump with joy. I’m thankful for the information as well as hope you realize what an amazing job that you are providing instructing the mediocre ones thru a web site. More than likely you’ve never got to know any of us.

• #148677 Reply

yeezy boost 350 v2

Thanks for your own efforts on this website. My daughter delights in making time for internet research and it’s easy to see why. Most people learn all concerning the powerful ways you provide powerful things through this website and in addition welcome contribution from some other people on that concept while our child is without a doubt starting to learn a whole lot. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. Your carrying out a remarkable job.

• #148836 Reply

off-white

I truly wanted to develop a brief word in order to thank you for all the precious facts you are posting here. My rather long internet search has now been recognized with professional information to go over with my neighbours. I ‘d tell you that many of us visitors actually are unquestionably endowed to exist in a very good website with so many perfect professionals with very helpful techniques. I feel very much happy to have come across your web page and look forward to tons of more thrilling moments reading here. Thanks a lot once again for a lot of things.

• #148944 Reply

golden goose outlet

I definitely wanted to send a comment to be able to appreciate you for all of the stunning suggestions you are posting at this site. My time-consuming internet research has at the end of the day been honored with sensible facts and techniques to talk about with my partners. I would repeat that we website visitors actually are extremely endowed to exist in a fabulous website with very many special people with very helpful tips and hints. I feel very lucky to have come across your website and look forward to really more entertaining times reading here. Thanks a lot again for a lot of things.

• #149063 Reply

pandora

I wanted to write down a remark to express gratitude to you for those precious suggestions you are giving here. My extensive internet research has now been honored with useful points to share with my guests. I would believe that most of us visitors actually are undoubtedly blessed to exist in a fabulous network with very many brilliant professionals with insightful principles. I feel really fortunate to have come across your entire web pages and look forward to many more fabulous moments reading here. Thanks once more for a lot of things.

• #149125 Reply

kyrie 6

I just wanted to construct a quick note so as to say thanks to you for these great points you are posting on this site. My incredibly long internet investigation has at the end of the day been paid with excellent facts and strategies to exchange with my friends and classmates. I ‘d say that most of us site visitors actually are unquestionably endowed to be in a fantastic website with very many outstanding people with helpful tips and hints. I feel very grateful to have seen your web page and look forward to plenty of more entertaining times reading here. Thank you once again for a lot of things.

• #149225 Reply

yeezy boost 350 v2

I simply wished to say thanks once again. I am not sure the things I would have undertaken without those creative ideas shared by you regarding my question. It had been a very frightening dilemma in my view, however , seeing a well-written fashion you processed it took me to weep over contentment. Now i’m happier for this advice as well as trust you find out what a great job your are getting into teaching the mediocre ones through your web page. I’m certain you’ve never got to know any of us.

• #149243 Reply

moncler

I wish to express my passion for your kindness giving support to women who must have guidance on that area of interest. Your personal dedication to passing the message up and down was rather beneficial and have specifically permitted men and women like me to get to their goals. Your interesting help entails a great deal to me and even further to my office workers. Thanks a ton; from each one of us.

• #166381 Reply

gqgzdhrkvg

Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?

• #149682 Reply

curry shoes

I actually wanted to make a message to be able to thank you for the superb tips and tricks you are posting here. My incredibly long internet research has now been compensated with beneficial content to share with my visitors. I ‘d express that we site visitors actually are very much fortunate to dwell in a magnificent place with many special professionals with very beneficial opinions. I feel rather happy to have encountered your entire webpages and look forward to tons of more pleasurable moments reading here. Thank you once again for all the details.

• #149809 Reply

kd12

My husband and i have been so lucky when Chris managed to finish up his research with the precious recommendations he had from your very own web pages. It’s not at all simplistic to just find yourself giving away tricks which often men and women might have been selling. So we keep in mind we need the website owner to thank because of that. These illustrations you made, the easy website navigation, the friendships your site aid to promote – it is most sensational, and it’s really leading our son in addition to us feel that the situation is interesting, and that is exceedingly essential. Many thanks for all!

• #149932 Reply

curry 8

I simply wished to thank you very much yet again. I do not know the things I might have achieved without these tactics documented by you on that subject. Certainly was an absolute frightening difficulty for me, nevertheless being able to view a professional strategy you treated that made me to jump over joy. Now i’m thankful for the support as well as pray you find out what a great job you have been doing training others using a web site. Probably you’ve never got to know any of us.

• #150123 Reply

kyrie irving shoes

My wife and i ended up being quite more than happy that Peter could do his investigation through the ideas he got from your very own web site. It is now and again perplexing just to be giving away facts which a number of people could have been selling. We really know we have the website owner to thank for this. The most important explanations you made, the simple web site navigation, the relationships you aid to promote – it is many excellent, and it’s making our son and us imagine that this matter is entertaining, and that is rather important. Many thanks for everything!

• #150188 Reply

yeezy boost 380

I must voice my respect for your kindness supporting women who have the need for help with this field. Your real commitment to getting the message all over had become remarkably functional and have consistently made guys and women much like me to attain their ambitions. Your personal informative help implies much to me and substantially more to my office colleagues. Best wishes; from each one of us.

• #150487 Reply

balenciaga sneakers

I not to mention my guys came going through the nice key points on your web site and so at once I got an awful feeling I had not thanked the site owner for those techniques. Those boys were absolutely glad to see all of them and now have pretty much been having fun with these things. Thanks for indeed being considerably considerate as well as for considering variety of high-quality themes millions of individuals are really desperate to discover. My sincere apologies for not expressing gratitude to earlier.

• #150693 Reply

balenciaga speed trainer

My husband and i felt now excited when Raymond could conclude his studies with the precious recommendations he made through the web site. It is now and again perplexing to just find yourself giving out information and facts which most people may have been selling. And now we discover we have you to be grateful to for that. The main explanations you’ve made, the easy site menu, the relationships you make it easier to engender – it’s most astonishing, and it’s really aiding our son and our family recognize that that matter is interesting, which is certainly tremendously serious. Many thanks for the whole lot!

Reply To: Nuha and pre islamic Arabia
Your information:

Cancel