izzah as a Muslim name

Home Forums Question and Answer izzah as a Muslim name

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mariam Haleem 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

SAS

Salaam
    I am not sure that can we name our daughter with izzah name..
    because
    izzah means most powerful and our belief is only God has this quality. .?????
    And also I read on net izzah is mentioned in Quran pak in positive and also in negative way..
    so above both reasons make me to think can as a Muslim are we alow to name izzah to our daughter or not… is this will good name for a muslim girl?????
    Please help me for this
    thank you

• #120213 Reply

SAS

ASALAAM ALAIQUM
    Brother please help me to find out the answer of above question,,,,,,,
    thanks

• #120337 Reply

Alaikumassalam wa rahmatullah,

Izzah means “greatness”, “majesty”. It is a good meaning and can be used as a name. All names in Islam are acceptable unless there is a clear and valid proof that it is forbidden, and there is no such proof for the name Izzah. Azeez is a name from the same root and is quite common among Muslims.

• #132450 Reply

Mariam Haleem

AOA

I am not an Alimah or scholar.

However, from as much knowledge as I have, I believe that it is the names of Allah SWT that cannot be used without adding Abdul (for boys) and Ammatul (for girls) in the beginning. These are attributes of Allah SWT which must be regarded as His own.

The word ‘izzah’ or ‘izzaa’ is just a word that refers to the honour and glory that He chooses to bestow upon His slave, on those whom He pleases. Subhan’Allah.

Therefore, there should be no hesitation in using this word as a name for a person.

Regards.

Reply To: izzah as a Muslim name
Your information:

Cancel