Is Christopher a suitable name for a Muslim boy?

Home Forums Question and Answer Is Christopher a suitable name for a Muslim boy?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Sophia

I’m muslim and I love this name and I was wondering is this name suitable to use? Thank you.

• #121609 Reply

Christopher means “follower of Christ”, which is not a bad meaning exactly, since we Muslims follow Christ, among all the rest of the prophets. However, it is strongly associated with Christianity, which makes it hard to recommend. But it is not exactly prohibited, so you could use it if really, really wanted to. But don’t be surprised if other Muslims do not approve of your choice.

• #161538 Reply

Chris

It’s a great name

• #165988 Reply

Chris

I have recently reverted to Islam, did my Shahada and everything. I don’t think I’ll be changing my name from Christopher though. It’s the name my mom gave me. Although she raised me xtian, she’s still proud of me being Muslim. So Although it is a Christian related name, still not sure about changing it. And what name I’d change it to.

Reply To: Is Christopher a suitable name for a Muslim boy?
Your information:

Cancel