Inaya

Home Forums Question and Answer Inaya

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Raju 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Raniya

Salam,
    >Inaya comes from the verb ‘ana which means to be concerned with or show care for. Its rough translation would be simply “concern” or “care.”
    Is it true.
    >And if inaya is derived from word inayat عِنَايات then we can also consider it meaning as “care”, “consideration”, “protection”.
    But i don’t understand how you can say we can interpret it this to mean “help that comes from Allah”, which can also be considered to mean “gift from Allah” because i think its the meaning of word
    Inayatullah عِنَاية الله as ALLAH word is there.But there is no word of Allah in Inaya name
    >Can i consider Inaya as meaningful name as i translated it “concern” or “care.”as it is derived from these name عِنَايات or عِنَاية الله.so i am just curious is Inaya a proper name.
    Thanks

• #117352 Reply

Inaya means “care”, “protection”, “concern”. Compare this to the name Ataa, which means “gift”, “something given freely”, which people use with the meaning of “gift from Allah”, even though there is no “Allah” in it. The reason is that when you say “this child is a gift”, if someone asks a gift from whom, the answer is “from Allah”, therefore whether Allah is mentioned or not, the assumption is that the gift is from Allah.

It is the same with Inaya. The parents are saying that this child is a care and protection bestowed on them, by whom? By Allah. Therefore it means “Allah’s care and protection”.

• #117360 Reply

raniya

salam
    People usually said “Inaya” is not proper name as it is derived from inayat.Inayat mean Courtesy kindness
    Raniya

• #119062 Reply

@Raniya: Inayah/Inaya is the standard form of the name. Inayat is the Turkish derivation of the Arabic name. They all have the same meaning.

• #119368 Reply

raniya

thanks
    >Is inayah is an arabic name??
    AS u said Inayat is the Turkish derivation of the Arabic name. so whats the original arabic name.
    >I came out lot of meaning of inaya
    care, concern, providence, kindness, graciousness, focus,gift,Consideration,attention,help,Protection. …..i think they all fall in same category
    Thanks

• #119473 Reply

Inaya, also spelled Inayah, is the original Arabic name.

• #123571 Reply

Chaima

Salamou Aleykoum

An imam told me that we moslim have to say 3inaya (with el3een) because just inaya doesnt excist. Is this true? I like inaya more then 3inaya. Can you help me pleas?

• #125985 Reply

ILIAS AHMAD

As salamu alaikum

I want to give this name INAYA to my daughter
    please inform me actual meaning of this name and its pronounciation in Arabic & English

Jazakallahu Khairan….

• #130857 Reply

Raju

I want to give my daughter name Inaya Ainaz. Is it meaningful?

Reply To: Inaya
Your information:

Cancel