Giving 2 Names: Hishaam Ibrahim

Home Forums Question and Answer Giving 2 Names: Hishaam Ibrahim

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Izhar Ul Haq 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Rehan Masood

Assalam-wa-Alayekum,

I liked the name “Hishaam” and “Ibrahim” very much. So much so that I gave both names to my first son. My name is Rehan Masood and I gave my son the name “Hishaam Ibrahim”. Is it ok?

Please advice.

• #120263 Reply

Aboo Mu’aawiyah

Wassalaamu ‘alaykum,

I personally would not give two names, in the West, I would recommend something like:

[Child’s name] [Father’s Name] [Family Name]

Plus it should be “Ibraaheem”, because in “Hishaam” the elongation is shown in the transliteration (shaa) so it should equally be shown in Ibraaheem; because otherwise it would be “Hisham”

So “Hishaam” or “Ibraaheem” in my opinion.

• #120274 Reply

Rehan Masood

Jazak Allah Aboo Muaawiyah.

• #120281 Reply

Aboo Mu’aawiyah

My pleasure, wa iyyaakum.

In shaa Allaah raise your child steadfast to the deen!

• #120411 Reply

Assalamu alaikum,

With respect to Aboo Mu’aawiyah’s kind advice, our staff’s position is that Hishaam Ibrahim is an acceptable name. Giving two names to a child is not practiced by Arabs, but it is practiced by many Desi cultures and it is Islamically acceptable. As for the spelling, Arabic name can be written in English however the parents wish, therefore Hishaam Ibrahim is acceptable. Bother Aboo Mu’aawiyah correctly points out the inconsistency between using one “a” vs. two, but this is still acceptable if this is how you wish to spell them.

Brother Aboo Mu’aawiyah’s advice is good and feel free to follow it if you wish.

• #120482 Reply

Rehan Masood

Jazak Allah

• #120749 Reply

Junaid

As salam o alikum,

i am searching for a good name for my new born, i have been suggested with “mohammed fawaaz” or “mohammed Masood”
    and “mohammed Aahil”.

i have seen some menaings in the web, but i feel i should ask some one who could guide me.
    if any one has any suggestion in accordance to islam, please advise.
    thnak you,
    Junaid

• #124089 Reply

Izhar Ul Haq

Which name is better for my baby boy;
    1) Muhammad Hishaam Khan
    2) Muhammad Saadain Khan

Kindly suggest one with some Quranic/Islamic reference.

Shukerya!

Izhar Ul Haq

Reply To: Giving 2 Names: Hishaam Ibrahim
Your information:

Cancel