Names

Home Forums Question and Answer Names

This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tanzika 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Tanzika

Asalm walaikum

I have 6 children and have never thought about this but can you check their spellings and tell me if there spellings are wrong or haram

I have a daughter called Ramaisa but I’ve been told the spelling is Rumaysah
    I have twins Amara and Inaya. I have seen the name amara spelt Ammaarah and Inaya spel Inayah/Anayah

I have three sons named after prophets
    There’s Eesa I chose this spelling as I did not want it ISA because people may have Calle him Eyesa or Iisssa

Then there’s yunus I have seen his name spelt Yoonus,yuwnes,yunec . Which way is right

Then there is yahya
    I know the hyphenated way Yah-Yah but did I chose the haram spelling

Also I am pregnant with triplets alhumdullilah
    What sorts of names do you think
    I’ve been blessed with 2 girls and one boys

I like Khadeija and Aisha for girls and Ismail for boys

Salam

• #127952 Reply

Safaa

Salam

You can type your children names into the search engine and the website will provide infomation such as pronunciation and different spelling and meaning
    with haram meaning I don’t think there is a haram meaning
    as long as it does not mean anything bad

There are many different spelling and it doesn’t matter which one you choose.

with regards to the triplets congratulation sister
    alhumdulilla

seeing as your other three daughters don’t have as religious names I think it’ll be better to give them other names.

How about Tamima or Tanisha or Samira.
    or if you Samara or Mariyah.
    a classic twin girl combo is safa and Marwa
    or Zahra,Zaynah and Zakkariya ( I know a family who chose to have three z)

• #127953 Reply

Yousra

Salama

I believe the name Ramaisa should be spelt Rumaysa she was the first women to convert to islam

The correct way to spell Amara is Ammaara but it doesn’t make the spelling bad or anything.

Inaya is a beautiful name my daughter is called Inayah.
    there are many ways to spell and it doesn’t really matter.

with prophet names ive been told that people change the spelling of the prophet to respect the prophet and not copy the name. And although yours is the same it doesn’t mean anything bad.

I agree with Safaa about the triplet names although Aisha and Khadeija are a beautiful combo. I think you should stick with a prophet name for the boys. I notice you have two boys beginning with Y. how about Yusuf, Yaquab. You can use Ismail or sulaiman or ishaaq. I love The combo of musa and haroon.

How about Leila and hanna and your choice of prophet name

• #127954 Reply

Sammi

Rumaisaa»
    A Non-Quranic Name for Girls
    How to pronounce Rumaisaa
    Run + pUt + MAY + Sum + mA
    Each block is a syllable. Thick black border indicates stress/emphasis. Other pronunciations are acceptable.
    Original Spelling رُمَيْصَاء
    How to write Rumaisaa in the original language, such as Arabic or Persian
    Alternate spellings of Rumaisaa RumaysahRumaisaRomaisaRumaysaAll of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
    This is NOT a Quranic name, but Muslims can use it since it has a good or neutral meaning.

Meaning of Rumaisaa
    Rumaisaa is an Arabic name for girls. It is the name of a Sahabiyyah, whose full name is Rumaisaa bint Milhan bin Khalid al-Ansariyyah al-Khazrajiyyah. Rumaisaa is one of the Arabic names for the star known as Sirius in English, according to the dictionary al-Mu`jam al-Waseet, which is published by the Academy of the Arabic Language in Cairo, Egypt.

• #127955 Reply

sammi

Inaya»
    A Quranic Name for Girls
    How to pronounce Inaya
    Islam + Name + smArt + YUmmy
    Each block is a syllable. Thick black border indicates stress/emphasis. Other pronunciations are acceptable.
    Arabic Spelling (How to write Inaya in Arabic) عِناية
    Quranic Nature
    (Learn more…) Indirectly Mentioned
    Alternate spellings of Inaya IynaiahEynaeehEinaeehIynaeaInayaEnaayeEynaaiehEinaeeInaiehEynaiaEnayehAll of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
    Quranic Root
    (Learn more…) AIN-N-A
    All Quranic baby names derived from AIN-N-A:
    AnayaInayaInayaatInayatullah
    Meaning of Inaya
    Inaya is an indirect Quranic name for girls that means help, care, protection. It is derived from the Ain-W-N root which is used in many places in the Quran, including Surat al-Fatihah.

It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help. (Quran 1:5)

And seek help through patience and prayer, and most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones (Quran 2:45)

You who believe, seek help through patience and prayer; surely, God is with the steadfast. (Quran 2:153)

• #127956 Reply

sammi

Inaya»
    A Quranic Name for Girls
    How to pronounce Inaya
    Islam + Name + smArt + YUmmy
    Arabic Spelling (How to write Inaya in Arabic) عِناية
    Quranic Nature
    Alternate spellings of Inaya IynaiahEynaeehEinaeehIynaeaInayaEnaayeEynaaiehEinaeeInaiehEynaiaEnayehAll of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
    Quranic Root
    (Learn more…) AIN-N-A
    All Quranic baby names derived from AIN-N-A:
    AnayaInayaInayaatInayatullah
    Meaning of Inaya
    Inaya is an indirect Quranic name for girls that means help, care, protection. It is derived from the Ain-W-N root which is used in many places in the Quran, including Surat al-Fatihah.

It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help. (Quran 1:5)

And seek help through patience and prayer, and most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones (Quran 2:45)

You who believe, seek help through patience and prayer; surely, God is with the steadfast. (Quran 2:153)

• #127957 Reply

sammi

Amara»
    A Quranic Name for Boys and Girls
    How to pronounce Amara
    Understand + MAn + RUn
    Arabic Spelling (How to write Amara in Arabic) عمارة
    Quranic Nature
    Alternate spellings of Amara EmaraAmaaraAmaarehEmareAmaarehAmaarahAmarahAmarehAmarahAll of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
    Quranic Root
    (Learn more…) Ain-M-R
    All Quranic baby names derived from Ain-M-R:
    AamirAamiraAmaraAmaraAmmarAmrAmriAwamirAwamiraAwamiriAwmarAwmariImaraMaamourMaamuriMaamuriyyahMoumirMuameerMuammarMuammeerahUmairUmairaUmairiUmarUmaraUmaraUmrahUmrahUwaymirYamarYamar
    Meaning of Amara
    Amara is an indirect Quranic name for boys and girls that means “large group of ships sailing together”, “tribe”. It is derived from the Ain-M-R (lifetime, visit, build) root which is used in many places in the Quran.

Only he should visit or tend God’s houses of worship who believes in God and the Last Day, and is constant in prayer, and spends in charity, and stands in awe of none but God: for [only such as] these may hope to be among the right-guided! (Quran 9:18)

• #127958 Reply

sammi

Isa»
    A Quranic Name for Boys
    How to pronounce Isa
    EAst + SAnd
    Arabic Spelling (How to write Isa in Arabic) عِيْسَا
    Quranic Nature
    (Learn more…) Directly Mentioned
    Meaning of Isa
    Isa, also spelled Eisa or Eesa, is the Arabic name for the prophet Jesus, son of Mary. Isa is not an Arabic name, rather, it is ancient Hebrew and means “God is salvation”. Isa is a good name and is a direct Quranic name for boys (mentioned 25 times in the Quran).

Muslims can also use the spelling Jesus (and its variants) if they so wish.

• #127959 Reply

sammi

Yunus»
    A Quranic Name for Boys
    How to pronounce Yunus
    YOU + Name + pUt + Smart
    Arabic Spelling (How to write Yunus in Arabic) يونس
    Quranic Nature
    Alternate spellings of Yunus YounowsYounusYunowsYownusYownowsYounuwsYounsYounousYounisYunisYuniseAll of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
    Meaning of Yunus
    Yunus is a direct Quranic name for boys and is the name of one of the prophets mentioned in the Quran (peace be upon him). According to some sources he was sent to the people of Nineveh (near modern day Mosul in Iraq), and when he ran away from his people in anger, he was swallowed by a whale, but Allah saved him because he was a good man. His name is mentioned five times in the Quran and is also the name of chapter 10 of the Quran (Surat Yunus).

• #127960 Reply

sammi

Yahya»
    A Quranic Name for Boys
    Short meaning of Yahya Kind, Compassionate and Tenderhearted
    See below for detailed meaning
    How to pronounce Yahya
    Yes + hUmble + Hill + YArd
    Arabic Spelling (How to write Yahya in Arabic) يحيى
    Quranic Nature
    Alternate spellings of Yahya YeheaYahiaYaheaIaheaIeahiaYehyaaYeheaaYaheaYahiaYahiaaYehiaAll of the above spellings are acceptable for this name. You may also create your own spelling.
    Meaning of Yahya
    Yahya is a direct Quranic name for boys. It has a special significance since it was a divinely created and chosen name, as retold in the Surat Maryam 19:7

O Zachariah, We bring you good news of a son whose name shall be Yahya. We have not given such a name to anyone before.

Yahya is one of the high status prophets, mentioned in a number of places in the Quran, such as in the same sura as above:

12. O Yahya! take hold of the Book with strength, and We granted him wisdom while yet a child

13. And hananan (tenderness) from Us and purity, and he was one who guarded (against evil),

14. And dutiful to his parents, and he was not insolent, disobedient.

15. And peace on him on the day he was born, and on the day he dies, and on the day he is raised to life. (Quran 19:12-15)

The meaning of Yahya isn’t certain because it is not necessarily Arabic, though it is likely related to Arabic in being a Hebrew/Aramaic name. In Arabic it literally means “He lives”, and the scholars say this means that his legacy will continue to live forever. It could also refer to the fact that he was brought to life in his mother’s womb even though she was barren and her husband an old man.

The word hananan in verse 13 above, which means tenderness, is only mentioned in that one place in the Quran in regards to Yahya, and it also happens to be the root of the Hebrew name for Prophet Yahya: Yohanan. Due to this relationship between Yahya and Hanan, it is possible that the meaning of Yahya has relations to the word “tenderness”.

• #127961 Reply

sammi

salam sister

I hope those paragraphs have helped regarding spelling.

For names I like the way you use prophet names.

I think Yaqub would fit perfectly and for girls maybe Habiba and Azeeza

meaning darlings

salam

• #127962 Reply

tanzika

salam

thank you for everyone who commented

Safaa I love the z combo but love the name Maariyah
    Yousra thanks for the clarification regarding haram spellings. With Hana I don’t wanna kind English the names but I like Leila. I think my top two for girls are Leila and maariyah .

Sammi thamkyou for the paragraph about the names. I appreciate it. My favorite boy names are Ishaaq,Ismail,Sulaiman and Yaquab.

Jazakallah

• #127963 Reply

Tanzika

Salam

Spoken to hubby and he likes the name Leila but would like it spelt Lailah. He kinda like maariyah but he found this name Amani(not the brand hahah) that he really likes

For sons w have settled between yaquab,Ismail,ishaq,and Sulayman

Pls ignore the spelling it’s auto corr ct and can’t be bothered to change it

• #127964 Reply

Myra and Zain

Salam

Me and my brothers are twin.

We share this account

I’m not too sure on the spelling and stuff but I know someone who has three daughters called Leila,Saniya and maariyah. They’re not triplets but I’ve always loved their names.

I think Ishaaq and eesa sound too same
    I think Ismail and yaquab are good names

I love the nam Amani I’ve also seen it spelt Amarni

My friend is called Lina and she has a sister called Armani and a younger brother called Sammy

• #127965 Reply

Tanzika

Salam

The name Lina is it leena or Lena
    I think Leena would go beautiful with Kabila

• #127966 Reply

Tanzika

Sorrry meant Leila

Autocorrect 😂😂😂😂

If hubby likes it’ll be Leila,Leena and boys name is still in thinking process

Hubby really liked Armani

Yeah I agree about Eesa and ishaqq sounding too sane

• #127967 Reply

Tanzika

Sorry 😐

Hubby thinks Leena is to English sounding but like Leila and Armani so there’s my daughters names

I think it’s between yaquab and ismail

• #127968 Reply

Muhammad

Salam

I’m tanzikas hubby

And she said she couldn’t be bothered to type my thoughts so I’ll do it

Me and tanzika have decided on Leila for definite but the spelling may change I like Armani but she likes Lina i find to English. I like Aliyah and Tanisha too.

The top two boy names is yaquab and Ismail but I really like ilyas so top three

I like the combo of Aliyah and Leila and Ismail

But she’s not a fan of how Aaliyah and Amara sound together too match
    It’ll also be a problem with Armani

So Leila and Tanisha seem the two and Ismail/yaquab

• #127969 Reply

Sharon

I’m not Muslim but my friend yousra was talking about this and I have some names

I know a inaya with a sister called Eliza but spelt Aleeza

I like the combo of Leila and Aleeza

For boys I like the name Ismail because I have a feeling your son would be Calle you boob

Sorry

• #128062 Reply

Tanzika

Salam

My worries about the spellings have gone since speaking to the local names

On Friday my triplets were born alhumdulila

I chose Leila, Alisha and Ismail

Jzk for all the ideas

Reply To: Names
Your information:

Cancel