Name Confirmation

Home Forums Question and Answer Name Confirmation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ibn ahmed 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Muhammad Sarmad Atiq

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

I have confirmed my daughter’s name Ansharah from your website. Now people are telling me that Ansharah is not a valid name, it is Inshirah. So should we call her Inshirah or Ansharah and what is more authentic as per Quran & Arabic language?

Best Regards

• #106795 Reply

Alaikumassalam wa rahmatullah,

There are many Arabic and Islamic names that are ghair qiyasi (“non-standard or non-grammatical”). One such name is Zidan. People are free to change the pronunciation of names, since there is no religious requirement for names to be grammatically correct, or to even have a meaning.

We looked on the internet and found hundreds of girls and women that are named Ansharah.

Inshirah is the original word and Ansharah is the altered version, and they are both acceptable names, the same way that Zaidan is the original word and Zidan is the altered version.

• #126895 Reply

Qiyaash

Assalam-o-Alaikum

I want know meaning of my name. Since i haven’t found it correctly neither my parents know the actual meaning of “Qiyaash”..

• #134339 Reply

Zain Mumtaz

Assalam o alaikum, dear i want to confirm that is Meha a muslim name ? Or hindu name? I have selected Meha as my baby girl name. Kindly confirm that is a muslim name?
    Best regards.

• #134416 Reply

ibn ahmed

what a terrible answer by the staff..
    he knows that you can name your child a random meaningless name that is obviously not why he is here, he can just do that by himself.
    why don’t just answer his question instead of giving him a meaningless explanation?
    there is no such thing as Ansharah in Arabic
    Inshirah is definitely an Arabic word so it is definitely “more authentic”

• #134417 Reply

ibn ahmed

the name Qiyaash is one of the problems with “altered names” one day they will not be able to tell what the name actually means..

Reply To: Name Confirmation
Your information:

Cancel