Muhaimin

Home Forums Question and Answer Muhaimin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  A 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Syeda

I recently read the word Muhaimin in my copy of Quran surah 5. Al Maidah (V.5:48)and fell in love with both the meaning and sound of it. The quranic translation gave meaning as (spelled this way) muhaymin( trustworthy in highness and a witness) and a footnote for transliteration on the bottom of the page mentioned spellings ‘muhaimin’ with meaning “that which testifies the truth that is therein and falsifies the falsehood that is added therein.”
    I searched online and could not find if it is allowed to use Muhaimin as it is for a childs name without adding anything like abdul or amatul as some sites mentioned Al-Muhaimin being an attribute of Allah. E.g. Can I name my son Muhaimin <add fathers name>? Is it correct? What do you suggest?

This is the translation of attached verse 48 from surah Al-Maidah
    48. And we have sent down to you O Muhammad (S.A.W) the book( this Quran) in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it and Muhaymin (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it ( old scriptures)1.

The 1 denotes a footnote which explained Muhaimin meaning as I mentioned above.

• #125087 Reply

Muhammad Danish

Assalamoliakom,

Pls consult your local imaam or scholar to confirm if this attribute of Allah swt can you be used as a name.

Dear, quranic names staff.. Can you pls shed some light to this question.

Rgds

• #125159 Reply

A

My brother has been to one of The mufti’s of kaabah during his umrah trip to discuss this among other questions and it is deemed permissible according to his judgement in light of Quran and sunnah to keep muhaimin as a name with OR without prefix. It is mentioned in surah hashr 59:23 and surah maidah 5:48. Its various meanings include guardian, witness, testifier etc. it is a good name and may this name being barakah upon our children. I will update this when he gets a second opinion from masjid ul nabwi mufti on his journey there.

• #125177 Reply

A

Update: the masjid e nabwi mufti has strictly restricted use of muhaimin without abdul. Therefore, since decision of even Saudi muftis is no unanimous it is better to be on the safe side and add prefix it if you wish to use this name.

Reply To: Muhaimin
Your information:

Cancel